Latest update: November 2018
The Website datacenter.legrand.com (“the Website”) is hosted on the servers of Runiso: 18, rue du Faubourg du temple 75011 Paris
IDENTITY OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
The processing of personal data collected is carried out under the responsibility of:
DATA COLLECTED AND PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
Data that you communicate to us:
The content of messages and files you submit us may also contain personal data.
* Mandatory data
Data identified as mandatory is essential for providing the service you requested. Failure to fill in a mandatory field will prevent us from properly processing your request.
When you provide us with optional data, you have the right to oppose to their processing at any time by following the procedure detailed in the “Exercise of users’ rights” section.
We will retain the above data for a maximum of 3 years after processing of your request.
Data collected during the use of our services:
EXERCISE OF USERS’ RIGHTS
You have a right to access, rectify or delete your personal data. You can request that their processing be restricted or object to them being processed. When we rely on your consent to perform a particular processing, you can withdraw such consent at any time.
If you request the erasure, or object to the processing of data necessary to the performance of our services and/or specified as mandatory, you will no longer be able to use the Software, as it requires the processing of these data in order to operate.
Should you so request, we may send you the personal data that you have provided to us in an easily accessible format.
You also have the right to define guidelines for the fate of your data after your death.
You may exercise your rights at any time, subject to the production of valid supporting documents, by sending your request to our Data Protection Officer:
- by post to: LEGRAND, Service Consommateurs (Consumer Affairs Department) or Service Relations Pro (Pro Relations Department), 128 avenue du Maréchal De Lattre de Tassigny, 87045 LIMOGES CEDEX, FRANCE,
- using the contact form at the following address: https://www.legrand.com/fr/contact.
Your request will be processed within one month of receipt. If necessary, this period can be extended by two months, in view of the complexity and the number of requests. In this case, you will be informed of this extension and its reasons within one month of receipt of the request.
No payment will be required for the exercise of your rights except in case of manifestly unfounded or excessive demand. In this case, the Legrand Group further reserves the right to not respond to your request.
In the event you remain dissatisfied with our response, we remind you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the French data protection authority, Commission Informatique et Libertés (CNIL): https://www.cnil.fr/.
CONDITIONS OF DATA PROCESSING
The personal data are processed with the help of manual and computer tools.
ACCESS TO DATA
Only the following have access to your personal data, within the limits of their respective assignments:
• The internal services of the company Legrand France, established in France, in order to administer your requests: services in charge of the Website management, etc.
• Legrand Group companies, in order to answer your request when it relates to their activities. When your request requires us to transfer your data to a subsidiary located outside of the European Union, we inform you that we have put standard contractual clauses in place to cover such transfers.
• The service provider Runiso, established in France, responsible for hosting the data collected via the Website;
• The service provider Trait Singulier, established in France, responsible for managing the content of the Website;
• The service provider Capgemini, established in France, responsible for the maintenance of the Website;
• The service provider for the purpose of managing customer relations. We inform you that our partner, Salesforce, has a “Privacy Shield” certificate and as such, any potential transfer of your data for hosting purposes in the United States will take place under security and privacy conditions which are considered adequate according to European legislation.
• The platforms and social media Facebook, YouTube, etc., insofar as they have access to your browsing history on our Website should you consent to such access through or “cookie banner”. To learn more, please consult our “Types of cookies” section below.
• Google as a cookie provider, insofar as they have access to data relating to your browsing history (through the cookie Google Analytics) when you confirm your agreement upon arrival on our Website. We also inform you that Google benefits from a “Privacy Shield” certificate and as such, any possible transfer of your data for hosting purposes in the United States will take place under security and privacy conditions which are considered adequate according to European legislation. For further information, please consult the section below entitled “Type of cookies”.
For more information on how Google uses the data collected through Google Analytics, please consult: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=fr
We inform you that the aforementioned service providers are bound by an obligation of confidentiality and may only use your data in compliance with our contractual provisions and the applicable legislation.
The LEGRAND Group has implemented adequate physical, electronic and administrative protection measures that comply with the regulations in order to protect your personal data. The LEGRAND Group would like to draw the users' attention to the potential risks in terms of data confidentiality linked to Internet use. It is the responsibility of the user to set up or ensure the use of a personal secured computer network, as well as to ensure a correct technical configuration of the connection box connected to your Internet service provider and of other devices such as radio access equipment (e.g. WIFI, 4G, etc.).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
While you are browsing, cookies are stored on your device (computer, mobile phone, tablet), subject to the choice you have made and that you can change at any time by managing your settings (see “Accept or reject cookies”).
Placed on your terminal when you visit a website, a cookie is a small text file containing information about your browsing (pages viewed, date and time of the consultation, etc.), whose main purpose is to enhance your visit and allow you to receive targeted services. The term “cookie” is hereafter referring to cookies, trackers, pixels and any other technologies.
Types of cookies
Internal cookies required for the Website to operate
These cookies are strictly necessary to the functioning of the Website.
Audience measurement cookies
The personal data collected (unique cookie identifier, IP address, data related to device, web browser and activity on the Site) are retained for a period of 13 months/14 months. No nominal data is stored, and no statistical data is cross-referenced with any nominal data that the Legrand Group may have.
Third party cookies aimed at improving the interactivity of the Website
The Website displays offers service made available by third parties.
• The share buttons of the following social network Facebook. You will find a list and an overview of Facebook social plugins at the following address: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins. For more information on Facebook's policy concerning personal data protection, please refer to: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
• Videos shown on the Software Youtube. You will find a list and an overview of Youtube social plugins at the following address: https://www.youtube.com/yt/dev/fr. For more information on Youtube's policy concerning personal data protection, please refer to: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801895
These features use third-party cookies directly deposited by these services.
At the time of your first visit, a banner informs you about the presence of such cookies and invites you to indicate your choice. They are only deposited if you accept them, such consent shall thus constitute the legal basis for processing. You may decide to withdraw your consent at any time, to do so please follow the directions detailed below, “Accept or reject cookies”.
Accept or reject cookies
You can set your browser to store cookies in your terminal or reject them, either routinely, or depending on where they originate from, or to inform you each time a cookie is stored in your terminal, so you can decide whether to accept or reject them.
However, the deletion of all cookies used may lead to the alteration or loss of certain settings or information and make browsing difficult or even impossible.
The configuration of each browser is different. It is described in your browser's help menu, which indicates how to change your cookie preferences. Here is how to control or prevent the storage of cookies:
- If you use Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- If you use Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- If you use Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- If you use Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB
- If you use Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/
If you do not wish to change the configuration of cookies, simply continue with your visit to the site.
To learn more about cookies and their effect on you and your browsing experience, visit the CNIL.
Minors aged under fifteen are not the target user group of the Website. However, access to the Website is not restricted to adults since the contents of the Website are not prohibited for minors under 15.
The Website does not knowingly gather or use any personal information from children under 15. If information is gathered by the Website concerning a minor, the minor’s legal representative has the possibility to contact the Customer Relations Centre of Legrand in order to rectify, modify or delete this information (see “Exercise of user’s rights”).
This document may be modified at any time without prior notice. We invite you to consult it regularly.