Environmental sensors can help prevent overcooling, undercooling, electrostatic discharge, corrosion and short circuits in the data center. Without these environmental rack sensors, inefficiencies easily can occur, increasing operational costs and the risk of downtime of mission-critical applications. For example, did you know that sensors can save you up to 4% in energy costs for every degree of upward change in the baseline temperature?
Raritan sensors are an easy to install, cost-effective way to reduce energy costs, improve reliability, and increase capacity for future data center growth. Deployed as plug-and-play options for PX® intelligent rack PDUs, transfer switches, rack controllers, inline meters and branch circuit monitors they eliminate the need for a separate controller to make it an affordable solution that can be installed in no time. Environment data from the sensors is instantly sent to DCIM software such as Power IQ®, and thresholds can be set for automated alert notifications. A simple web-based interface allows data center managers to then see real-time environment data and report trends over time.
MANAGE AND MONITOR YOUR RACK ENVIRONMENT
- Ensure uptime by monitoring racks for potential hot spots.
- Save on cooling by conﬁdently raising data center temperatures.
- Maintain cabinet security with contact closure sensors.
- Improve data center availability by receiving environment alerts.
- Make strategic decisions on cooling design and containment.
- Set thresholds and alerts to monitor onsite or remote facilities.