Tracking IT assets is often accomplished using Excel® spreadsheets and Visio® diagrams, or by developing a home-grown system, which can be very labor intensive. However, if you miss a few moves, adds or changes, it can become a challenge to know what you have and where it’s located.
Raritan’s Asset Management Tags (AMTs) and Asset Management Sensors (AMSs) provide data center operators an accurate, automated, real-time inventory of all IT assets and their locations, down to the 1U level.
Why Intelligent Real-time Asset Management?
- Upward of 25% of IT assets go missing according to research study
- Do you know what you have and where it’s located?
- Can you detect asset moves, adds, changes?
- Is your asset database (Configuration Management Database) accurate?
- How long does it take to do a physical inventory?
- Can you pass audits and KPIs?
Raritan’s AMS-AMT Solution
- Real-time asset tracking: get notified when an asset leaves its physical location and benefit from automated rack location update when moved
- Plug-n-play deployment: AMT strips magnetically mount to existing racks and AMS carry a unique scannable ID bar code for inventory and tracking purposes
- Customizable RGB color LEDs: easily locate equipment through flashing or color change (i.e. server maintenance tasks) or alternative color usage for production device visualization
- Seamless integration with DCIM solutions such as dcTrack®
- Available in 4 sizes: 42U, 45U, 48U and 54U